Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:53:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      r j huntington <rjh@mohawk.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   libc.so.3.0 error

The FAQ says...

| 6.2. Where do I find libc.so.3.0?

| You are trying to run a package for 2.2/3.0 on a 2.1.x system. Please
| take a look at the previous section and get the correct
| port/package for your system.

But, in fact, I am running a 2.2.8 system and trying to use popper.
Here is the exact error:

rjh@quick:~> telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libkrb.so.3.0"
Connection closed by foreign host.

rjh@quick:~> grep pop /etc/inetd.conf
# example entry for the optional pop3 server
pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/popper     popper

rjh@quick:~> ll /usr/libexec/popper
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  bin  45056 Dec 17 06:29 /usr/libexec/popper

Can you help me? With much thanks,

	Ralph Huntington
	long-time loyal FreeBSD user