Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:52:34 -0700
From:      Mark Foster <mark@foster.cc>
To:        Jose Alonso Cardenas Marquez <jacardenasm@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: python 2.4

Jose Alonso Cardenas Marquez wrote:
> The lang/python port was updated, please update your port tree and try
> again. you don't forget to read of ports/UPDATING note.
Regarding the recent python changes... UPDATING states:
  After upgrading of lang/python, you must rebuild all its consumer
  ports to make them get ready to Python 2.5.

  To do this, you will need to:
    pkgdb -uf && cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these instructions rely on
pkgdb which is a component of portupgrade which I do not use.
# pkgdb -uf && cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages
pkgdb: Command not found.

So must I install portupgrade?
Or should I just ignore the error run make upgrade-site-packages ?

--
Said one park ranger, 'There is considerable overlap between the
 intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.'