Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:50:37 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@rknebel.csrlink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: soundcard

Rick Knebel wrote:

> I have a soundblaster 16 sound card and wanted to use pcm0 and pnp0 to run it.
> Do I still put snd0 in my sound config

No

> asd do I have to MAKEDEV with pcm0 and pnp0.

Definitely not for pnp0, and I don't think you do for pcm0 either
(can't remember from when I did mine). Have you checked out
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/README (& CARDS in the same dir)?

> When I try to MAKEDEV for pcm0 and pnp0 it tells me the devices are not found.
>
> Thanks
> Rick
>
> --
> Rick Knebel
> rknebel@rknebel.csrlink.net

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com