Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2000 00:10:46 +0100
From:      Karl Jeacle <karl@jeacle.ie>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000).  ARGH!

On Fri 21 Jul 00, 15:57:09 -0700, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > I'm almost tempted to declare this a show-stopper for FreeBSD 4.1.
> > Is anyone else even able to reproduce this?
>
> I haven't found any activity that correlates with the symptoms, either.
> It just seems to happen randomly.

This happens in our office all the time; definitely since early 3.x and
probably before. We use keyboard/mouse/monitor auto-switchers with Win95
and FreeBSD boxes and often upon boot when going through the switchbox,
this out-of-sync error appears. I've never had it happen when the mouse
is plugged in directly though. FWIW, the switchbox appears as: "psm0:
model IntelliMouse, device ID 3", regardless of what the actual mouse is.

Karl