Date:      Thu, 14 May 2009 12:59:47 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Mark Powell" <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        Greg Larkin <glarkin@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, ale@FreeBSD.org, miwi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pear v1.8.1 build issues with php v4.4.9

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Greg Larkin wrote:

Greg,
   Thanks for the reply.

> I looked into this problem for a little today, and I think I know the
> reason for the failure, but I haven't found a solution yet.
>
> - ---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---
> # pear install /tmp/go-pear/download/Structures_Graph-1.0.2.tar
>
> Warning: sortpackagesforinstall(Structures/Graph.php): failed to open
> stream: No such file or directory in PEAR/Downloader.php on line 1217
>
> Warning: sortpackagesforinstall(Structures/Graph.php): failed to open
> stream: No such file or directory in
> /usr/local/share/pear/PEAR/Downloader.php on line 1217
>
> Fatal error: sortpackagesforinstall(): Failed opening required
> 'Structures/Graph.php' (include_path='/usr/local/share/pear') in
> /usr/local/share/pear/PEAR/Downloader.php on line 1217
> - ---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---
>
> I haven't had time to chase that down, but perhaps it gives you some
> idea on how to continue troubleshooting?

Actually, I had encountered that error too. I just showed you the first
error encountered.
   Any ideas on what causes this?
   It seems to me that pear v1.8.x is broken when used with php v4? i.e.
this seems to be a pear bug rather than anything FreeBSD related?
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information & Learning Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,