Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:59:09 -0500
From:      "Allen May" <allen@daytondigital.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Looking for a FreeBSD solution for a T1 Router

------=_NextPart_000_0394_01C1A3DB.74B3CBB0

We are quoting on installation of a low budget wireless bridge between =
two buildings..=20

We are delivering a T1 to an industrial park for two companies to =
share...
basically building one is the host building and currently there is only =
one
building that we will share with... others would require us to upgrade =
the
wap to a APII or TT CPR or something... but not for just one client ....

Can anyone suggest a FreeBSD or Linux solution for the T1 Router and to =
serve as an Access Point
as well as server local ethernet to the building we would be in...
(Estimated Cost to configure this system... I know the cost of the PCI
adapter and Orionoco Card as well as the Moxa card for the T1 and the
Ethernet card...

We could use a Cisco 2610 with a 2 DLINK DI-704's  one going to
ethernet local and the other going to the wap-11 but we would like to =
avoice=20
the 2610's cost for this venture... at least for now...

Allen May
DAYTON DIGITAL NETWORKS

------=_NextPart_000_0394_01C1A3DB.74B3CBB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>We are quoting on installation of a&nbsp;low budget wireless bridge =
between=20
two buildings.. </DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT>
<DIV><BR>We are delivering a T1 to an industrial park for two companies =
to=20
share...<BR>basically building one is the host building and currently =
there is=20
only one<BR>building that we will share with... others would =
require&nbsp;us to=20
upgrade the<BR>wap to a APII or TT CPR or something... but not for just =
one=20
client ....<BR><BR>Can anyone suggest a FreeBSD or Linux solution for =
the T1=20
Router and to serve as an Access Point<BR>as well as server local =
ethernet to=20
the building we would be in...<BR>(Estimated Cost to configure this =
system... I=20
know the cost of the PCI<BR>adapter and Orionoco Card as well as the =
Moxa card=20
for the T1 and the<BR>Ethernet card...<BR><BR>We&nbsp;could use a Cisco =
2610=20
with a 2 DLINK DI-704's&nbsp; one going to<BR>ethernet local and the =
other going=20
to the wap-11 but&nbsp;we would like to avoice </DIV>
<DIV>the 2610's cost for this venture... at least for =
now...<BR><BR>Allen=20
May<BR>DAYTON DIGITAL NETWORKS<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0394_01C1A3DB.74B3CBB0--