Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 1996 04:10:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, terry@lambert.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isdn code

> > >What is "unsupported" about it such that it makes you want to remove
> > >the code?
> >
> > Well, nobody seems to use it or support it.
>
> I thought many Germans were using it, since their country has a real
> communications infrastructure, unlike ours.

YES, I'm using it. (Me too, me too, ... :-)

I see 2 `standard' applications:
1) `fixed' point-to-point connection -- like I'm using right now from home to
   our institute -- if you are lucky to have the same configuration on both
   sides. (This is certainly of interest to companys with a few offices
   located far apart.)
2) dynamic syncPPP or X.75 conections -- like our computer center offers.
   With the growing popularity (and falling prices :-) things became
   interesting to John and Jane Doe to connect to thier providers.
   (is/was being worked on, to my knowledge.)

Moreover, I like to use my computer as an answering machine.

Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                \\ FreeBSD -- solutions for a large universe.(tm)
RobertE@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de \\       What do you want to boot tomorrow ?(tm)