Date:      Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:17:20 -0400
From:      Dave Mischler <dave@mischler.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portmaster -g no longer builds packages for dependencies?

> Given the case you use portmaster + pkgng, than package building is not
> supported yet. portmaster prints this into the console:
>
> ===>>> Package installation support cannot be used with pkgng yet,
>         it will be disabled

This worked the last time I rebuilt everything from scratch (December 19,2013): portmaster 3.17.3.
I have built packages that way since but didn't build Xorg so I'm not sure that everything was still working right after that.

In case it matters, I am running amd64 9-stable (now showing as 9.3-beta1).