Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:01:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      stable@d.sparks.net
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   /bin/sh error with -stable

I noticed this a while ago, but since 4.7 is coming right up.....

The standard mysql startup script is broken when updating from 4.6R to
4.6S.

The line that breaks it is:

    if [blah]
    then
        blah blah
         >> /var/log/mysqld  & && echo -n ' mysqld'
    fi

The error message is:

./mysql-server.sh: 7: Syntax error: "&&" unexpected

Was this an intentional change?  I can't believe it accidentally broke and
no one else has noticed it.  It worked with 4.6R, broke when I cvsupped
this afternoon.

--- David