Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:43:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      guardian@dark-rune.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using PCI USB cards

Hi again,
  I'm still playing around with this PCI USB card trying to make it work.
I've added in device OHCI and device USB and recompiled my kernel, now
named KERNAL1.
When I plug in the modem, no lights come on. The system brings up the card
when the box is booted.

My uname -a is:
FreeBSD gordon.togo.private 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Jul  2
22:59:10 GMT 2001
hyper@gordon.togo.private:/usr/src/sys/compile/KERNAL1  i386

Am I missing something here? Another setting I need to add in order to get
this to work?

While we're here (2 birds/1 stone) the modem should work once the card is
working, correct?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Oh, btw: I found the problem with SSH :) It was loading in
both /usr/local/etc/rc.d and /etc/rc.conf. Problem fixed by removing
references in /etc/rc.conf and it loads using the /usr/local/etc/rc.d.
Thanks :)