Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:53:07 -0000
From:      "Robin Breathe" <robin@isometry.net>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD and Matrox Parhelia

Morning all,

I'm hoping to persuade Matrox to port their Linux Parhelia driver to
FreeBSD.

I have mailed them myself already, but would ask that anyone else interested
in seeing them develop native FreeBSD drivers for the new card contact
insales@matrox.com.

Reading documentation on the Linux driverset, it looks like they would just
need to port the kernel module to support Bus Mastering, so this really
isn't asking a lot of them.

If anyone has the knowhow and time to help them with the port, I'm sure it
would further the cause :)

- Robin

PS: I posted this to hardware earlier, but thought multimedia might get more
attention as this is largely a multimedia card.