Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:16:27 -0600
From:      Ben Weaver <bweaver@tranquility.net>
To:        Benjamin Hutton <bhutton@bccwa.wa.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem setting up firewall

###On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 12:34:17PM +0800, Benjamin Hutton wrote:
> I'm attempting to setup a firewall for our network. The machine is
> running 4.2 STABLE. I have the problem that when I enable the firewall
> I can not longer ping the outside world. How do I fix this?

To help you, we will need more information:

- What firewall software are you running?

- What firewall configuration are you running?

- Do you have a networking situation that requires NAT or is this a bridge?

Those are just a few things we would need to know to start helping you.  Please include any other information that might be relevant to your setup.

Thanks,

-Ben