Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:48:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Patrick Goodwill <goodwill@cheese.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: servname not supported for ai_socktype

I'll respond to my own message with a solution.

...after looking around and reading solaris email lists, i figured out my
/etc/services file was corrupt.  i fixed it, rebooted, and ta-da!
everything was back to working.  this does mean, however, that the SSH
client that ships with 4.1 is strange and doesn't use the services file.

-patrick.