Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:26:44 +0200
From:      Alexandr Rybalko <ray@dlink.ua>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GEOM_LZMA

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:49:55 +0100
Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>> > I like it. I'd like to see the ulzma and gz stuff unified in a later
>> > pass of this code but personally I'm happy to have it committed as-is
>> > so it immediately gets some wider exposure.
>>
>> IMHO it should first be unified, really. Once it is committed the
>> chances are much lower that it will be unified.
>>
>> Alexandr, would you like to implement some more general geom_compress
>> class or something like that where it is easier to add new algorithms?
>> You can look at geom_label, which is more or less implemented that way.

It`s possible, but I think primary usage for it is a embedded, so we need smallest one and only one.
Now in my boxes I use only geom_ulzma.

Only one thing make Adrian idea as wished: gzip already in kernel for other things.
But if world produce new compressor fines than xz/lzma we must drop lzma and use new one.

Anyway I`ve look into, and do it if easy :)

--
Alexandr Rybalko <ray@dlink.ua>
aka Alex RAY <ray@ddteam.net>