Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:54:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stede Bonnet <stede@dgriffin.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Insall of MySQL

I recently installed. from the ports section of my 3.2 install MySQL-1.9,
and bought the book tool

When I read where the book says tat certain directories and files ought to
be, and then 'locate' them on my FreeBSD box, they are in different
places, and my install never did creat eht 'data' director structure that
MySQL says ought to be there.

Is there an explanation for this, or is my install eunique?