Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:20:24 +0300
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        "vinod thomas" <cyberdude7791@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: booting problem

Hi!

Well, that's not a big problem if you know what to do. This happened
because Win98 install program overwritten the MBR (master boot record),
so the FBSD boot manager was erased. To restore the boot manager you
will have to run the freebsd install program (/stand/sysinstall) which is
automatically
run from CD-ROM or from FIX-IT floppies. Once you are in the install program
go into "Configure" -> "FDisk" -> select ad0 (or wd0, no matter) -> when in
the slice editor just hit ESCAPE -> now you are presented witha choise of
boot manager, select the first option (BootMgr) and OK.
Now you should be fine.

Good luck.

PS: You might have trouble russing install if you do not have installation
CDs,
or floppies or fix-it floppies. But i guess you gotta have something :)

Regards,
Artem