Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 1996 06:58:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        Peter Hawkins <peter@clari.net.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with sb

On Fri, 27 Dec 1996, Peter Hawkins wrote:

> *yet* Whenever I try and use it, the device locks up after playing
> for a second or two.

sounds like your sound card is possibly not set to irq7.. but something
else...  a second of sound and then nothing more usally signifies that it
isn't recieveing the irq for it...

I have a SB Pro v3.1 myself...  nice card...

> I have a prnter also on irq7 though it was switched off at the time and
> even killing lpd didn't help. I assume having a sb and parallel port both
> on 7 is pretty standard anyway so it seems unlikely this is the problem.
> I've been stumped for 2 months on this and to anyone who can help me
> and prevent me going nutty over this I extend an offer of a pint of
> any beer you fancy if you meet me at the Geebung Polo Club.

well... it'll have to be about three years before I can take you up on
that :)...  hope this helps... ttyl..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)