Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:35:27 +0100
From:      Carles =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=F3mez?= Montenegro <carlesgo@mat.upc.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting FreeBSD 3.0

 Hello,

        I am a telecommunications student from UPC (Polytechnic
University ofCatalonia). I am writing this mail to you because I would
like to get the FreeBSD 3.0 version. I have been searching for it
unsuccessfully through the ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha
directory, and also through the
ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386 directory. It seems like the
earlier Free BSD version I can get from those directories is
FreeBSD 3.4, so I would be very pleased if you could tell me how I can
get the 3.0 version.

        I would also like to ask two more questions:

        1) If some software runs correctly on FreeBSD 3.0, can I install
it on an upgraded FreeBSD version without any problems?

        2) Which is the difference between the following:

                        "3.4.-Release"
                        "3.4.-Stable"

        Thank you.

                        Carles Gómez Montenegro