Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:57:55 +0100
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd@zeninc.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  About NAT Traversal

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 11:46:49AM -0500, Eric W. Bates wrote:

> ashoke saha wrote:
> > basic kame (racoon) as NAT_T for IKE. It did not have
> > kernel support till 6.0. you can take the patch from
> > there.
> > also NAT_T has moved from draft to RFC and do google
> > for NAT_T  to get get the RFC's and also read the code
> > in the kernel patch and racoon.
>
> Thank you.  I have installed the patch; but I suspect that deciphering
> the code is beyond my skill level.  RFC 3948 is mentioned.  I will start
> there.

Hi.

You probably don't really need to "decipher" that code, you'll just
need the skill level required to apply a patch to the kernel sources
and recompile your kernel (and recompiling your world is also probably
a good idea), then install the new headers (mainly
/usr/include/net/pfkeyv2.h).

Then you'll just have to recompile/reinstall ipsec-tools port, which
will autodetect NAT-T support (to be more exact, which will detect
that your /usr/include/net/pfkeyv2.h has the required structs for
NAT-T support) and which will be recompiled with such support.

Yvan.

--
NETASQ
http://www.netasq.com