Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2001 22:12:50 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        Anders Andersson <anders@codefactory.se>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/graphics/gle is broken with XFree86-4.1.0

Anders Andersson wrote:

> I tried to build the new xscreensaver after installing XFree86-4.1.0_2
> but it fails in graphics/gle/

	Grrr... I knew I'd regret adding that. The GLE lib is not needed except
for one little binary that will harmlessly fail to be built if you don't
like with GLE. You can safely delete:

 --with-gle and
LIB_DEPENDS=    gle.3:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/gle

from the Makefile and build xscreensaver without.

	Meanwhile, I'll work up a patch to conditionalize this properly. BTW, I'd
have seen this sooner if you'd have included me in the To: or CC:. You can
find the e-mail address of a port's maintainer in the Makefile.

Doug
--
    If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough.