Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:34:14 -0700
From:      Jeremy Bingham <jeremy@satanosphere.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Proxim Harmony OEM

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

I just obtained an OEM version of a Proxim Harmony card that is
definitely a Prism 2 chipset card, but has a different product id than a
normal Harmony. To wit, when the card is inserted, it shows:

pccard0: <unknown card> (manufacturer=3D0x0126, product=3D0x0002) at
function 0
pccard0:    CIS info: PROXIM, LAN PC CARD HARMONY 80211B,
=20
Yesterday, working with FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE, I inserted entries for this
card into sys/dev/pccard/pccarddevs, pccarddevs.h,=20
sys/dev/wi/if_wi_pccard.c, and /etc/defaults/pccard.conf. I then rebuilt
the kernel, which compiled, installed, and booted fine. I then inserted
the card, which detected it at a Prism2 card and listed the firmware
fine. I was then able to get the interface to come up by typing
'ifconfig wi0 monitor up' and it came up fine. When I tried running
dstumbler, though, the kernel panicked.

Since then, I have cvsup'ed to -CURRENT, rebuilt everything, tried the
card out again and found that it was not being recognized, readded the
changes I made to the kernel + debugging options, and am currently
rebuilding the kernel yet again. My question was, is there anything else
I should keep an eye out for while I'm doing this, and/or does anyone
want to see what the patches look like for what I'm doing?

Thanks,

-j

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Captain_Tenille
http://www.satanosphere.com/
jeremy@satanosphere.com

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/