Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:48:02 -0400
From:      "Generic Player" <generic@unitedtamers.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   The death of my machine.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BFF1D3.64F90CA0

Ok, here is a good one for you.  I switched motherboards, from a board =
based on a VIA chipset to an ASUS board based on an ALi chipset.  At =
first after booting up, everything was fine.  Then, the next day, just =
all of a sudden, I couldn't telnet or ftp into the machine.  I rebooted =
it, and sendmail wouldn't start, and I still couldn't ftp or telnet into =
it, or access anything by its DNS name, although I could still ping =
stuff by its IP, apache still started though.  I figured maybe I needed =
a re-install what with changing the mobo and all, so I re-installed, =
re-formatting during the install.  But, even after the fresh install, =
the same problem still existed.  Any ideas what this could be?  Its =
FreeBSD 4.0-release, a k-6 300MHz with 128 MB of RAM on an ASUS P5A-B =
motherboard now.

Thanks
Generic Player

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BFF1D3.64F90CA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ok, here is a good one for you.&nbsp; I =
switched=20
motherboards, from a board based on a VIA chipset to an ASUS board based =
on an=20
ALi chipset.&nbsp; At first after booting up, everything was fine.&nbsp; =
Then,=20
the next day, just all of a sudden, I couldn't telnet or ftp into the=20
machine.&nbsp; I rebooted it, and sendmail wouldn't start, and I still =
couldn't=20
ftp or telnet into it, or access anything by its DNS name, although I =
could=20
still ping stuff by its IP, apache still started though.&nbsp; I figured =
maybe I=20
needed a re-install what with changing the mobo and all, so I =
re-installed,=20
re-formatting during the install.&nbsp; But, even after the fresh =
install, the=20
same problem still existed.&nbsp; Any ideas what this could be?&nbsp; =
Its=20
FreeBSD 4.0-release, a k-6 300MHz with 128 MB of RAM on an ASUS P5A-B=20
motherboard now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Generic Player</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BFF1D3.64F90CA0--