Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 2002 23:35:43 -0700
From:      Tom Snell <gracchus@inficad.com>
To:        Dru <dlavigne6@cogeco.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice User Installation

Dru wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Scott A. Moberly wrote:
>

>>On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 06:16:49PM -0400, Dru wrote:
>>

>><snip>
>>

>>>Same error message:
>>>
>>>The installation program cannot find the script file in whic
>>>The file was looked for in the following directory.
>>>/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/program/setup.ins
>>>The installation program cannot be executed without this file, it will r

I ran into the same issues....also tried copying 'setup.ins' to proper
directory....even copied my 'setup.ins' from my Linux
partition.....nothing worked, got the same errors you did.  So......when
ports don't compile, go for the next best thing....packages!  I found
what I needed here:

http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/

I downloaded the "openoffice-1.0.1_2.tbz2" for STABLE (built on FBSD
4.6) and it installed without a hitch (note, though, that the file is in
".tbz2" format, not ".tgz", making it about 10% smaller).  Once
installed, I just ran 'setup' as a local user, which put the user files
into my home directory, and now I have everything working in FreeBSD
that I have in Linux.  And it's all running a lot faster!  ;-)