Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 06:28:33 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        fido@yaahoo.yi.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 setup...

> I believe I'm looking for a public IPv6 address to use for testing
> purposes.  So where/what addresses can I use is my question.
> then how I intergrate that into my setup.
>
> Hope that makes the question more clearer.
> Thanks

OK, then I think you should try 6to4 addr.

The format is like below.

   2002    your IPv4 addr   site prefix   interface ID
   2byte   4byte            2byte         8byte

You need to choose one of your own IPv4 addr which is
reachable from internet.
Site prefix part is 2byte. This means you can have 65535
IPv6 subnets.

If your IPv4 address is 1.2.3.4, then your IPv6 address
blocks will be,

   2002:0102:0304:0000-ffff::/64

Then you can assign each IPv6 prefix to each of your subnets, like

      prefix ed0 2002:0102:0304:0000::
      prefix ed1 2002:0102:0304:0001::

etc...

And you need to setup 6to4 outer interface on the router which
is reachable form internet.
That is just committed yesterday, so you need to cvs update your source,
and rebuild your kernel.

The necessary procedure is below. (I suppose your IPv4 addr is 1.2.3.4)

   gifconfig stf0 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.255
   ifconfig stf0 inet6 2002:0102:0304::1 -prefix 16

I think you should setup ip6fw entries for "stf0" interface for
security reasons.

About more details for 6to4, please check draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-0x.txt

Cheers,
Yoshinobu Inoue