Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:34:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Josh Malone" <jmalone@tovaris.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Microtech XpressSCSI HD50

Hello,

	I am unable to get my Microtech USB XpressSCSI HD50 to work
properly under FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE.

I am running 4.7-RELEASE and the problem manifests itself with a custom
kernel and GENERIC.

When I plug the device into the USB port, kernel messages indicate that the
device is recognized but is acting up:

umass0: Microtech International, Inc. USB-SCSI-HD50, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, TIMEOUT

	Can anybody shed any light on what the problem could be?  I bought
this device because the umass(4) man page says it's supported.  The device
works under windows 2000 on the same laptop.  The custom kernel has da,
ohci, uhci and usb compiled in.  And my Sandisk ImageMate usb->compact
flash reader works great (shows up as da0) so I know my system has the
prerequisites for this device.

	Does anybody have one of these things working?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated?  Thanks.

				-Josh

-------- In God we trust...everything else we use X.509 ---------
Joshua Malone,  Systems Administrator    Phone: 434-245-5300 x119
Tovaris: The Digital Identity Company      Fax: 434-245-5301
      www.tovaris.com                     jmalone@tovaris.com