Date:      Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:36:39 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org, Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   enigmail-thunderbird as an option in thunderbird port

Is it possible and relatively easy to turn emigmail thunderbird extension into
something like a lightning extension?

The reason for this request is two-fold:
- it is more convenient when an extension installed from a port is automatically
available as opposed to having to explicitly install/reinstall a .xpi file
- it seems that (almost?) each time the thunderbird gets updated (and it happens a
lot recently), the enigmail port has to be rebuilt/reinstalled (and the
corresponding .xpi has to be reinstalled too); unfortunately not every thunderbird
updated was followed by enigmail revision bump, and it seems that our tools are
not explicitly aware of this kind of dependency, so a few times in the past I had
a situation where enigmail stopped working after thunderbird update and I had to
manually reinstall the port and its .xpi

--
Andriy Gapon