Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:52:24 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Chris Byrnes <chris@jeah.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hrm.

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 10:08:09AM -0500, Chris Byrnes wrote:
> > > Was in my /var/log/messages - about 350 lines worth of that.
> >
> > That often indicates that your file table is full.
> >
> > Was there a question somewhere?
>
> Yeah, sorry.  How do I fix whatever the problem is?  And what exactly is
> the problem?

There is not enough information provided for anyone to give you much
help in fixing it. When did it happen, what was running at the time,
what FreeBSD are you using, what's your kernel configuration, etc.?

The problem is that you have too many open files at once. The most
common cause for people getting these unexpectedly is a runaway loop
opening something(s) over and over.