Date:      Sat, 06 Jul 2002 16:34:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        yb@sainte-barbe.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD4.6-stable /dev/wi0 problem - Toshiba Laptop

In message: <20020706201213.GA406@hsc.fr>
            Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org> writes:
: On Sat, 06 Jul 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > In message: <20020706052419.GD3321@laptop.lambertfam.org>
: >             Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org> writes:
: > : I'll start the update process now just to make sure a problem hasn't
: > : crept in since then.
: >
: > -current since Julian's KSE-iii integration has been a scary place.
: >
: > However, I've merged most of what is in -current's pccard code into
: > stable on my machine.  I think that the following patch will work for
: > people, but I've only had time to give it light testing and have been
: > changing it enough that others should test it.  It merges everything
: > from -current except for the Manufacturer ID stuff that was added and
: > needs a couple of tweaks before it is ready for -stable.
: >
: > http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/topic-patch.20020706
: >
: > This means you should be able to use it with PCI interrupts.
: >
: > Also, if you have a Sony laptop and have experienced hangs with PCI
: > interrupts on boot, please give these patches a test.  I think they
: > will help you too since they changes some bogusness relating to power
: > that could cause a hang.
: >
: > Lemme know how these work.  I hope to merge them soonish to -stable.
:
:
:    Hmm, I have the same problem here: "wi0: watchdog timeout" on my
:    Toshiba laptop under -CURRENT (kernel from today, I'm syncing the
:    world right now). This is an embedded card on a Tecra 8200:
:
:    wi0 at port 0x240-0x27f irq 7 slot 0 on pccard0
:    wi0: 802.11 address: 00:02:2d:13:0a:00
:    wi0: using Lucent Embedded WaveLAN/IEEE
:    wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station 6.14.01
:
:    (FYI, the ppc device in disabled in the bios, and I tried every IRQ
:    available)

ppc being disabled in the bios sometimes isn't enough. :-(

:    The card is tagged as associated with its access point, though I
:    can't use it.
:
:    I think I tried all that I can think about (IRQs, hw.pcic.intr_path,
:    and so on) without success. Anyway, I never had this card working
:    under -CURRENT (from DP1 to now). *
:
:    Warner, do you want more information ? I would be very happy to have
:    my card working for the next BlackHat / Defcon :)

First off, is this with the builtin wireless card, or with a lucent
card plugged into one of the slots?

Can you provide me with the dmesg from your machine?

Can you make sure that this still fails for PCI interrupt routing?

Warner