Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 20:35:29 +0200
From:      Espen Skoglund <esk@ira.uka.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   WANT_GNOME gives unwanted CONFIGURE_ARGS

I was just looking at ports/30414, and it seems there are some
unexpected (at least for me) results of defining WANT_GNOME in the
port's Makefile.  I would expect bsd.gnome.mk to include a proper
--datadir switch to the configure script, but

  .if !defined(HAVE_GNOME) && ...
  CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--datadir=${PREFIX}/share/gnome
  .endif

on line 287 ensures that this does not happen because WANT_GNOME will
(potentially) define HAVE_GNOME=yes.  Have I missed something here?

	eSk