Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:13:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      stheg olloydson <stheg_olloydson@yahoo.com>
To:        paul@ewido.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: not all files in a NTFS-directory are visible in FreeBSD

it was said:

>it seems that the FreeBSD-NTFS-filesystem doesn't show all files that
>are in a directory. My mp3 Directory is located on a Win XP
>NTFS-Partition.
>
>I hope there is a solution.

I saw this exact phenomenon once with graphics files. It turned out
that the files were partially corrupted. Windows 2000 could see and
open the files but some their content was garbled. FreeBSD didn't see
the files at all. Recreating and overwriting the damaged files fixed
the problem. I never got around to investigating the reason for the
different behaviours. Odd though....

HTH,

Stheg