Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:43:33 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Hostas Red <kong@kong.spb.ru>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        gubarev@raven.itep.ru, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xl driver and watchdog timeouts

Hi!

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Bill Paul wrote:

> Hm. Okay. I'm not sure what's going on here exactly, but if you have
> problems with a 3c905-TX that generates 'watchdog timeout' errors,
> please try the patch included at the end of this message. This patch
> was generated against the if_xl.c from FreeBSD-current, but it will
> apply to the 2.2.x version too with a little fuzz.

I'm running current, as i said before. ;)

> Anyway, if you are having watchdog timeout problems, please try this
> patch and let me know what effect (if any) it has.

Hm. It won't work ;( I can't get exactly where - i've checked if_xl.c and
it seems ok, but patch fails anyway. Maybe some whitespaces missing, or
so, still can't find it.

Anyway, i've added hourly 'ifconfug xl0 up' to my crontab. :) And now
i've got almost stable system, which doesn't hangs more than one hour
when i'm absent. Today it locked up just 30 minutes i've gone to work and
hung for 12 hours :(.

Adios,
/KONG

PS: Btw, at work i'm running 2.2.7-STABLE with 3C900 and 3C905-TX on xl
driver without problems... Strange things...