Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:05:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-freebsd-mobile@arctic.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suspend/resume in -current: still no joy

I haven't been following this thread closely ... but lemme mention an
oddness about the thinkpad 560 apm bios that I discovered while getting
linux to work cleanly on it.  For some reason the bios will return suspend
events "forever" if you continue to query it after having received one
suspend event.  It seems to want the apm client to give it one of the
cookies that says "yeah yeah I heard ya".

Unless you've changed how the freebsd apm stuff works you shouldn't be
running into this problem -- I actually looked at it to figure out why
suspend/resume worked fine under freebsd but not under linux.  And freebsd
was fine because it only dealt with one apm event at a time; whereas linux
builds a queue of outstanding apm events.

The other thing is that on AC power it never reports user suspend events
if there's a powered PCMCIA card.  I haven't tried system requested
suspending ... I'll do it when I get home.

And also if your tp560 bios is older than, um, april 97 or so then try
upgrading.  There were some apm glitches in earlier versions that messed
up some folks trying my linux solution.

Dunno if that helps any.

IBM will give out their SMAPI docs which includes all the info needed to
write the "PS2.EXE" utility... so someone could write a freebsd version,
which would me no booting into win95 :)  I've got a copy of the docs, but
never got around to doing it :(

Dean