Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:03:38 -0600
From:      dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
To:        Michael Gray <mtg@dmi.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS Server

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 05:07:02PM -0800, Michael Gray wrote:
> Hi FreeBSD,
> 	I have been considerring building a DNS server. I have been told, this
> is a $20k endeavor and is very complicated to maintain. I noticed in my
> FreeBSD manual that you mention adding DNS services to the server
> without much fanfare.
> 	What does it really take? What options are actually available and what
> type of machine requirements are there?

I found that the O'Reilley Book, "DNS & Bind" worked well enough for me.  I
expect it shouldn't cost more than $30.

The 20k$ was prolly some NT solution ... I dunno.

--
  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward@uiuc.edu    -=-
\\/yori   -=-    Information - http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/djhoward/   -=-