Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:32:56 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        scuba@centroin.com.br
Subject:   Re: web mail interface program.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 01:04:44PM -0300, scuba@centroin.com.br wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> 	I´m using Openwebmail (www.openwebmail.org or
> ports/mail/openwebmail) for more then 2 years to serve +5000 users with no
> worry.
> 	It runs in perl, suport POP3 (local/remote), includes calendar,
> webdisk, ssh term, etc. everything configured at user basis.
>
> - Marcelo Souza

	openwebmail is one that I want to play around with; thanks
	for the tip.   But before I do (or maybe in parallel), I'll
	check out other tricks/workarounds.  +5000 is a lot; is this
	on one server?

	gary

	PS:  For as long as I've run/used email, I've
	     never read up on all these protocols (rfc's). Is
	     there any overall "Mail tutorial" anywhere??

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix