Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:44:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem report, question about OpenOffice

Whoa. OO actually works on FreeBSD? natively? since when? or are you
running the linux bins in compat mode?

if you are running the linux bins, then your going to be running it
against the linux jdk because it's part of your 'world' and the native
stuff isnt.

if you are running OO native, tell me more, because i'd really like to be
using it ( i use it at work on my linux box and none of my windows
brethren are any wiser because the document exchange is great ).

i dont have any idea what's going wrong (other than to say that billh
moved to current for some probably salient reason :-) ).

but i'd certainly try to make time to try this because it's probably
something that i could narrow down a bit....

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Mikhail Kruk wrote:

> I might have reported it already, I don't remember. It's a weird problem:
> I have a multithreaded application, one of the threads reads from stdin
> using BufferedReader. When I run this program in xterm, the stdin thread
> blocks and stops all other threads. Running the same program w/o X (on
> console) -- no problem. It's jdk1.3.1p6 on 4.5-STABLE.
>
> OpenOffice question: OO can not use native jdk1.3.1, only Linux. Is this
> because of native threads or something else?

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life