Date:      Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:05:48 -0500
From:      "J.D. Bronson" <lists@xpec.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   disable SRA secure login 4.6.2

miller:/home/j> telnet pabst
Trying 192.168.100.5...
Connected to pabst.wiget.org
Escape character is '^]'.
Trying SRA secure login:
User (j):

How can I disable this? - as long as I am a user telnetting into the
destination as a user, I can get in.

If I am su'd to root and then try to telnet, I get this:

miller:#> telnet pabst
Trying 192.168.100.5...
Connected to pabst.wiget.org
Escape character is '^]'.
Trying SRA secure login:
User (root):
Password:

and at that point, whether I try root's password or replace root with a
valid username and password, I cant get in!

So for now, I have to make sure I am not root when trying to telnet to
another machine!

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Systems // Milwaukee, WI USA