Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 22:48:31 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot freezes on is0: isa bus on motherboard

I have a lovely old 486 with 16MB of ram.  If I do a shutdown -r now, the
box consistenly freezes on the reboot. And always at the same spot.
The last line shown on the console is:

on is0: isa bus on motherboard

If I then press the reset button, or do a shutdown -h now and then hit
reset, the box boot normally.

Looking at the dmesg output, I see this:

md0: Malloc disk
npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
isa0: <ISA bus> on motherboard
fdc0: <NEC 765 or clone> at port 0x3f0-0x3f5,0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa0
fd0: <1440-KB 3.5" drive> on fdc0 drive 0
ata0 at port 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 irq 14 on isa0

That's my floppy drive as as I know.  Why would it freeze up like that?

cheers.

--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
FreshPorts - http://freshports.org/ - the place for ports