Date:      Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:41:34 +0200
From:      "Lyubich, M" <lyubich-freebsd1@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   need an advice on kernel post install

Hello,

How to preserve some kernel loadable modules from to be moved
to /boot/kernel.old during the kernel 'make install' and leave them
in /boot/kernel untouched.

The reason is that I have several modules in my system (e.g., kqemu.ko
if_ndis.ko, ndis.ko, etc.), which are not the part of the kernel
configuration file. They are installed per hand into the /boot/kernel
but they are moved automatically into /boot/kernel.old after each
'/usr/sbin/config, make clean, make depend, make all, make install'
sequence.

Did FreeBSD have some facility that will allow to restore the modules
automatically? ... i.e., some kind of post-install patching?

Regards,

Lyubich, M.