Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:34:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Connecting to a different Xclient

Rather than poking holes in your firewall, use ssh (found in
/usr/ports/security/openssh).  When built with X support, ssh sessions to
another machine will automatically send the X sessions through the
encrypted tunnel.  For example, you ssh from your Linux workstation to the
FreeBSD server, then start xterm on FreeBSD (in your ssh session) and it
will display on your Linux workstation.  This is both easier than
adjusting the firewall and more secure.

Ken Bolingbroke
hacker@bolingbroke.com