Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2005 06:32:26 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <danial_thom@yahoo.com>, "Daniel Gonzalez" <spammesilly@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FXP driver....

I have a FreeBSD system running on an Intel brand motherboard
with a 945G chipset - while it doesen't do the thing with the
pings he's talking about, take a look at the following dmesg
snippet:

sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0: port may not be enabled
sio0: <16550A-compatible COM port> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on
acpi0
sio0: type 16550A

However, despite this the serial port does work.  I always thought
this was some harmless bug in the sio code but I wonder now if these
problems are related and it's a bug in the chipset driver in FreeBSD.

Could you post your entire dmesg output, please?

Ted