Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2008 01:36:07 -0300
From:      Agus <agus.262@gmail.com>
To:        Eric <heli@mikestammer.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Identd question...

2008/9/26 Eric <heli@mikestammer.com>:
> Agus wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Just wondering if i can have like a "central" ident server on my
>> LAN....thats cause my boxes are behind A NAT so i can only forward
>> identd requests to one....and i mean like a fake one..cause the
>> process may be on one of the other boxes that require de ident, is
>> clear?...i read about fakeidentd....just wanted to ask your opinion or
>> experience on this....
>>

> i found liedent to work the best for me. i used it primarily for irc servers
> that wanted an ident response. just forward the port to your bsd box behind
> the firewall and it should work

Cool...
Exactly that will be the main use...IRC servers....i will redirect the
port to one box where i will keep that liedent server...

Sahil,
The problem is that i have few boxes behind a NAT so IRC servers
asking for identd are blocke in the FW....and i cant redirect/forward
port 113 to all boxes...i can only to one...so i need an identd that
would fake the response cause the process being asked by the identd
will not be in that box...So if its a common identd it will respond
with ERROR-USER UNKNOWN or sthg similar...

Thanks for sharing,
Agustin