Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:42:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Curry <scurry505@yahoo.com>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS performance tweaking

Hartmann,

It could be your timeout settings, but then again I
don't *really* know whats going on at your site (maybe
network issues?).  I would recommend the "Managing NFS
and NIS" from O'Reilly.  It was published back in 1991
but it's still jam packed with good information.  It
even has a chapter on checking performance and
tweaking, so it sounds as if it would be a good fit
for you.

My 2 cents,

Steve Curry
Technical Yahoo