Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 12:46:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Justin Muir <jkmuir@uniserve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Another question... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 12:44:57 -0700
From: Justin Muir <jkmuir@uniserve.com>
To: jkmuir@uniserve.com
Subject: Another question...

OK.   This might seem to be a newbie question...and it is.   I was
recently trying to un-tar a file and when I ran tar it insisted that :

 ' cannot open rst0 /dev/rst0/ not configured '

I read the entire man page on tar and it gave no such indication that
this device had to be configured.   I've used tar under Linux (I now
know this is a bad word! ;-) and it gave no such complaints.  What the
##@! is going on with this darned thing?

Justin.