Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:18:05 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk@ncf.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ut2004 and linux x11 libs

Quoting Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk@ncf.ca> (from Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:51:18 -0400)=
:

> Hi guys,
>
> I regularly play ut2004 on my FreeBSD box. Lately I've run into a problem:
> After upgrading from x11/linux-XFree86-libs to x11/linux-xorg-libs (at the
> same time that I up'ed to the fc4 linux base). After doing that,  =20
> ut2004 became
> pretty much unplayable. Maps wouldn't render properly, movement was choppy=
,
> the works.
>
> Downgrading from x11/linux-xorg-libs to x11/linux-XFree86-libs solves the
> problem.

Did you updated the native dri port as well? Do you use an NVidia card =20
and reinstalled it after switching to the linux-xorg libs (it installs =20
a modified OpenGL lib if the linux support is enabled there)? Do other =20
3D apps exhibit a similar behavior?

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
God made the integers; all else is the work of Man.
=09=09-- Kronecker

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137