Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:16:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ivan Matousek <matousek@cs.sfu.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.6 device list

We were using FreeBSD 2.2.2 version in one of our networking lab at the
begining of 1998. Before we get a new 2.2.7 release we were trying to
install previous version (2.2.6) and we were experiencing following problem.

When configuring kernel and resolving hardware conflicts in 2.2.2 ver
the list of devices included two lines for NE2000 cards which is what we
have in the machine. For version 2.2.6 we can see in the device list only
one NE2000 card and that doesn't reflect our current hardware configuration.
For the course, machines need to be setup with two network cards and the
only thing we can do is to recompile the kernel afterwords.

Is the difference between both FreeBSD versions something we have to live
with? What do we have to do to get the list of all devices the same way
as with the the older FreeBSD 2.2.2 version?

Sincerely

Ivan Matousek, Systems Consultant	Email:   matousek@cs.sfu.ca
School of Computing Science, SFU	Phone:   (604) 291-4422
Vancouver, B.C. V5A 1S6    Canada	Fax:     (604) 291-3045