Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:02:39 +0000
From:      Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
To:        Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current Users <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: openldap slapd startup delay

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

* Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com> [1136 20:36]:
>=20
> Does this fix the start delay, or the problem with stop?  I have traced

Don't know about a stop problem, I don't see that (but I checkpoint the db
fairly often). This cuts the start to about a second.
(For some reason if you specify 2 listen sockets that rises to about 8sec,
but nothing like the 30+ sec delay (was > 1min on my ME6000 ).

> through the start delay and found it is because slapd is opening the
> socket and then there is a lookup on group which causes it to try to
> read from slapd and you are in a deadlock until the socket times out.
> This has always been normal for me (the delay on startup) and others.

You mean you store the ldap group as a posixGroup in LDAP?

--=20
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a
house of cards... Checkmate! - Zapp. Brannigan

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--