Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:54:48 -0600
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        wmoran@iowna.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IEEE Journalist looking for facts about Microsoft use of BSDcode

. . . .|Keep in mind that without contacting someone at Microsoft it will be
. . . .|difficult to prove, since the software license on the FreeBSD code would
. . . .|allow Microsoft (or any company) to use the code, resell it and never
. . . .|give credit to the original source.
	I thought they had to include the "Regents of California" etc etc stuff
in the code they use ?
	If so would it not be possible to do:
cd /win/WINDOWS
strings * |grep -i BSD
cd SYSTEM [SYSTEM32]
strings * |grep -i BSD
[or use a "for i in `ls` ; do strings $i  |grep -i BSD ; done]
[Yes I know it's not clean but it a very easy/fast]

to just search for all BSD code in Miscrosoft exe's/dlls ?
I'm not on a BSD box now, but I think this shouldn't take too long,
and in theory should work.

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org