Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:56:01 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nfs troubles

Dear all,

I have set up two machines (A & B) with FreeBSD and I want to share certain
parts of each filsystem between the two.

So following the notes on the handbook I've set up the two machines
like this:

in /etc/rc.conf
    portmap_enable="YES"
    nfs_server_enable="YES"
    nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 4"
    mountd_flags="-r"
    nfs_client_enable="YES"
    nfs_client_flags="-n 4"

in /etc/exports (A)
/usr/ports machineB.my.domain

in /etc/exports (B)
/usr/local/webDevel/ machineA.my.domain

However, when i go to A and do a (as root):
mount machineB.my.domain:/usr/local/webDevel /mnt
I get the following error on A:
'nfs: can't access /usr/local/webDevel: Permission denied'
and the following message to B's console:
'mountd[pid]: mount request denied from machineA.my.domain for
/usr/local/webDevel'

I can go to B and do a
mount machineA.my.domain:/usr/ports /mnt
without problems.

/etc/hosts.allow is the same on both machines
/etc/rc.conf is (quite) similar on both machines (i would say that
they are functinally the same, except for the sysinstall deltas which
confuse everything).

Where should I look to debug/solve this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Fernan