Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2007 00:58:29 +0100
From:      "Stefano Spinucci" <virgo977virgo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation problems of FreeBSD 7 beta 2 on Dell D610 (multiboot con solaris, linux, winxp)

I encountered some problems installing FreeBSD 7 beta 2 on my Dell
D610 laptop, on the original 60 gb hd; the hd is formatted as follows:
- primary 1, 15 gb, ntfs for Windows XP
- primary 2, 15 gb, solaris for Open Solaris
- primary 3, 10 gb, fat32 for FreeBSD
- extended, 20 gb, 3 partitions for linux

I tried to install FreeBSD many times, but after the geometry error
(the geometry is however correctly recognized), FDISK doesn't find any
partition and the space is shown as free, unpartitioned.

I tried to set the partition type for FreeBSD to FAT16, FAT32, FreeBSD
and I also reformatted the partition many times, but with no success.

have you any idea???

Thanks in advance.

PS

I wrote also to the italian mailing list gufi, without reply.

bye

---
Stefano Spinucci