Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:45:26 -0500
From:      "Scott" <inglis@silo.csci.unt.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installation problems

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BDE80D.05A41460

I am wanting to install FreeBsd on a box that doesnt have a cd-rom =
drive, but is networked with a win95 box that does have a cdrom drive. I =
have TCP/IP installed on the win95 box and I haven't been able to get =
the installation to go. So what I am wondering if its possible for linux =
to recognize my 95 box or do I need some additional software for this to =
work. Both machines have a 3Com 3c509 cards and I haven't noticed linux =
recognizing my card when its starting up. Anyway, any info you could =
provide would be appreciated. Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BDE80D.05A41460

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I am wanting to install FreeBsd on a =
box that=20
doesnt have a cd-rom drive, but is networked with a win95 box that does =
have a=20
cdrom drive. I have TCP/IP installed on the win95 box and I haven't been =
able to=20
get the installation to go. So what I am wondering if its possible for =
linux to=20
recognize my 95 box or do I need some additional software for this to =
work. Both=20
machines have a 3Com 3c509 cards and I haven't noticed linux recognizing =
my card=20
when its starting up. Anyway, any info you could provide would be =
appreciated.=20
Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BDE80D.05A41460--